- Why the Halo Swaddle and Sleep Sack were born?
- What is a Swaddle and a Sleep Sack?
- Difference between Best Baby Swaddle or Best Baby Sleep Sack
- Size Chart
- Advantages of a Swaddle and a Sleep Sack
- Disadvantage of a Swaddle and a Sleep Sack
- Shop for the Best Baby Swaddle or Best Baby Sleep Sack
Why the Halo Swaddle and Sleep Sack were born?
Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is the unexplained death of a healthy baby less than a year old while asleep. Most infants die while on the crib. HALO’s founder Bill Schmid and his wife lost their first born to SIDS. With that tragedy Halo and its mission were born. They have been educating parents for over 15 years about safe sleep practices.
More than 1,250 hospital nurseries in North America uses Halo SleepSack wearable blanket and teaches new parents safe sleep practices.
Instead of using a regular loose blanket that can be kicked off by the baby and accidentally cover your baby’s face interfering with breathing. The HALO SleepSack wearable blanket and the HALO SleepSack Swaddle are alternative blankets that are safe and warm that is worn over your child's sleepwear.
Halo makes one of the best baby swaddle and the best baby sleep sack. It keeps your baby comfortable all night. You can easily change diapers with the inverted bottom zipper. No need to undress your baby which is so convenient for both baby and caregiver. It has a "Back is Best" embroidery that will remind a caregiver to place the baby on its back to sleep.
What is a Swaddle and a Sleep Sack?
The Sleep Sack wearable blanket is sleeveless to avoid overheating. While the Sleep Sack Swaddle has an adjustable swaddle wrap that immobilizes the baby’s arms to prevent the 'Moro' or startle reflex.
It is the only 3-way adjustable swaddle that adjusts to your baby’s sleep style and development stage. Swaddle arms in, hands-to-face, one or both arms out to ensure baby’s best sleep and an easy and gentle transition to the Sleep Sack wearable blanket when it is time to stop swaddling. It’s the easy and safe way to swaddle.
The sack design has been approved as "Hip Healthy" by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute. The baby can freely move it’s legs to ensure proper hip development.
The room temperature should be a consideration when choosing the pajamas to wear underneath the HALO Sleep Sack or Sleep Sack Swaddle. Recommended room temperature is between 68-72°F (20-22°C)
It is the only wearable blanket to carry the gold seals from First Candle/SIDS Alliance and the Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths.
Difference between Best Baby Swaddle or Best Baby Sleep Sack
|Sizes||Newborn (6-12 lbs), Small (13-18 lbs)||Small (10-18 lbs), Medium (16-24 lbs), Large (22-28 lbs), XLarge (26-36 lbs)|
|Fabric||100% Cotton, Microfleece, 100% Cotton Muslin, Plushy Dot Velboa||100% Cotton, Microfleece, 100% Cotton Muslin, Plushy Dot Velboa|
|3-Way Adjustable Swaddle Wrap||Swaddle your baby 3 different ways: arms in, arms up or arms out|
|Inverted zipper for easy diapering|
|Roomy sack design promotes healthy hip development|
|Sleeveless to reduce the risk of overheating|
|Foot openings to provide mobility and comfort for toddler. Tuck feet in at night for warmth|
|#1 Trusted Choice of Hospitals*|
|Newborn||6-12 lbs.||19-23 in.|
|Small||10-18 lbs.||23-26 in.|
|Medium||16-24 lbs.||26-30 in.|
|Large||22-28 lbs.||30-35 in.|
|X-Large||26-36 lbs.||35-40 in.|
Advantage of a Sleep Sack
- With a sleep sack the baby is free to move and kick while still covered. Unlike loose blanket the baby can accidentally kick the blanket toward it's face thus covering her face and interfering with her breathing that can often lead to Sudden Infant Death (SID).
- You are assured that your baby is warm all night.
- You don’t have to undress the baby when changing diaper.
- If the baby is asleep you can easily change diaper by unzipping the bottom of the sleep sack without waking the baby.
Advantage of a Swaddle
- Swaddling a baby replicates the security of being in the mother's womb.
- Keeps the baby warm and secured.
- Avoid SID by using a swaddle instead of a loose blanket.
- Baby sleeps a lot better.
Disadvantage of Swaddle
- You could damage baby's hip if you don't properly swaddle the baby.
- Your baby is awaken from sleep when changing diaper if the swaddle doesn't have an opening at the bottom.
- Halo Sleep Sack made with 100% polyester micro-fleece.
- TOG: 1.0. Size preemie fits birth-5 lbs; size small fits 10-18 lbs; size medium fits 16-24 lbs; size large fits 22-28 lbs; size extra large fits 26-36 lbs.
- With two layers of lightweight and ultra-soft 100% cotton muslin, it is exceptionally breathable for optimal airflow, reducing your baby’s risk of overheating and ensuring comfortable sleep.
- This premium double-layered muslin is ultra-soft and features a durable weave; it gets softer and maintains its original shape with each wash and wear.
- Available in different sizes and 6 colors
- Once your baby shows sign of rolling over or
breaking out of the swaddle wrap discontinue swaddling.
- Inverted zipper for easy diaper changes. No need to unswaddle.
- Discontinue swaddling when the baby shows signs of rolling over or breaking out of the swaddle wrap.
- Note: Stop swaddling when the baby shows signs of rolling over or breaking out of the swaddle wrap.
- The HALO Sleep Sack wearable blanket replaces loose blankets in the crib that can cover your baby s face and interfere with breathing.
- It is a warm cuddly blanket they cannot kick off; ensuring baby sleeps soundly throughout the night.
- Use over regular sleepwear to take the place of loose blankets.
- Unzips from the bottom for easy diaper changes. Generous sack design allows room for kicking, but cannot be kicked off so baby stays warm all night. Sleeveless design reduces the risk of overheating.
- Recognized as "Hip Healthy" by the International Hip Dysplasia Institute.
- Foot openings for mobility when awake. Room to tuck in feet at night. Use over regular sleepwear to take the place of loose blankets.
- 100% polyester micro-fleece. TOG: 1.0 Size medium fits 16-24 lbs; size large fits 22-28 lbs; size extra large fits 26-26 lbs.
- Unzips from the bottom for easy diaper changes. Generous sack design allows room for kicking, but cannot be kicked off so baby stays warm all night.
- Sleeveless to allow for ease of dressing and freedom of movement.
- Sleep Sack swaddle is made of polyester.
- With the 2-way swaddle the baby sleeps better creating the same environment while in the mother's womb.
- It is an easy transition when it's time to stop swaddling.
- Made from a super-soft micro-fleece fabric with a TOG rating of 3.0 with the layers of blanket and swaddle, ideal for chilly seasons and climates and keeping newborns warm and comfortable in any climate
- Available in small size designed for babies weighing between 13 and 18 pounds who are generally 0-6 months old and 23-26 inches long.
- Adjustable swaddle fasteners offer a perfect fit; 2-way swaddle allows Arms-In to reduce startle reflex, and 1 or 2 Arms Out for easy transition from swaddling.
- The 2-way swaddle ensures your baby's best sleep and an easy transition when it's time to stop swaddling
- Made from 100% cotton interlock fabric with a TOG rating of 1.5 with the layers of blanket and swaddle, ideal for chilly seasons and climates and keeping newborns warm and comfortable in any climate
- Generously sized swaddle fasteners offer adjustability for a perfect fit; 2-way swaddle allows Arms-In to reduce startle reflex, and 1 Or 2 Arms Out for easy transition from swaddling
Looking for the Best Baby Crib
Parents want the best for their baby check the safest cribs on the market
Looking for the Best Baby Crib Mattress
Choose the best and safest mattress for your baby
Looking for Best Crib Sheets
Beautiful selection of cribs sheets for your baby boy or baby girl!